To make visiting our website attractive and to enable the use of certain functions, we use so-called cookies on various pages. These are small text files that are stored on your end device. Some of the cookies we use are deleted again after the end of the browser session, i.e. after closing your browser (so-called session cookies). Other cookies remain on your terminal device and enable us or our partner companies (third-party cookies) to recognize your browser the next time you visit us (so-called persistent cookies). If cookies are set, they collect and process certain user information to an individual extent, such as browser and location data and IP address values. Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period of time, which may vary depending on the cookie. The duration of the respective cookie storage can be found in the overview of the cookie settings of your web browser.
In some cases, cookies are used to simplify the ordering process by saving settings (e.g. remembering the contents of a virtual shopping cart for a later visit to the website). Insofar as personal data is also processed by individual cookies used by us, processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b DSGVO for the purpose of implementing the contract, in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. a DSGVO in the case of a granted consent or in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f DSGVO for the purpose of safeguarding our legitimate interests in the best possible functionality of the website and a customer-friendly and effective design of the site visit.
Under certain circumstances, we work together with advertising partners who help us to make our Internet offer more interesting for you. For this purpose, cookies from partner companies are also stored on your hard drive when you visit our website (cookies from third parties). If we work with the aforementioned advertising partners, you will be informed individually and separately about the use of such cookies and the scope of the information collected in each case within the following paragraphs.
Please note that you can set your browser so that you are informed about the setting of cookies and can decide individually whether to accept them or to exclude the acceptance of cookies for certain cases or in general. Each browser differs in the way it manages the cookie settings. This is described in the help menu of each browser, which explains how you can change your cookie settings. You can find these for each browser under the following links:
Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/de-de/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
Please note that the functionality of our website may be limited if cookies are not accepted.
4) Contact us
Personal data is collected when contacting us (e.g. via contact form or e-mail). Which data is collected in the case of a contact form can be seen from the respective contact form. These data are stored and used exclusively for the purpose of answering your request or for contacting you and the associated technical administration. The legal basis for the processing of this data is our legitimate interest in answering your request in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO. If your contact is aimed at the conclusion of a contract, an additional legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b DSGVO. Your data will be deleted after final processing of your request. This is the case if it can be deduced from the circumstances that the matter in question has been conclusively clarified and provided that there are no statutory retention obligations to the contrary.
5) Online appointment arrangement
We process your personal data within the framework of the online appointment arrangement provided. You can find out which data we collect for online appointments from the respective input form or the appointment request for making an appointment. If certain data is necessary to make an online appointment, we will indicate this on the input form or in the appointment request. If we provide you with a free text field in the input form, you can describe your request in more detail. You can then also control which additional data you would like to enter.
The data you provide will be stored and used exclusively for the purpose of making an appointment. When processing personal data which are necessary for the fulfilment of a contract with you (this also applies to processing operations which are necessary for the implementation of pre-contractual measures), Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b DSGVO serves as the legal basis. If you have given us your consent for the processing of your data, the processing is carried out on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a DSGVO. Any consent granted can be revoked at any time by sending a message to the person responsible named at the beginning of this declaration.
6) Registration with the portal or forum
You can register on our website by providing personal data. Which personal data is processed for registration is determined by the input mask used for registration. We use the so-called double-opt-in procedure for registration, i.e. your registration is not complete until you have confirmed your registration by clicking on the link contained in a confirmation e-mail sent to you for this purpose. If your confirmation is not received within 24 hours, your registration will be automatically deleted from our database. The provision of the above-mentioned data is obligatory. You can provide all other information voluntarily by using our portal.
If you use our portal, we will store the data required for the fulfilment of the contract, including any information on the method of payment, until you finally delete your access. Furthermore, we will store the voluntary data you provide for the time of your use of the portal, unless you delete them first. You can manage and change all information in the protected customer area. The legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO.
In addition, we store all content published by you (such as public contributions, pinboard entries, guestbook entries, etc.) in order to operate the website. We have a legitimate interest in providing the website with the complete user-generated content. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO. If you delete your account, your public statements, especially in the forum, will still be visible to all readers, but your account will no longer be accessible. All other data will be deleted in this case.
7) Comment function
As part of the comment function on this website, in addition to your comment, information on the time of the comment’s creation and the commentator name you have chosen will be saved and published on this website. Furthermore, your IP address will be logged and saved. This storage of the IP address is done for security reasons and in the event that the person concerned violates the rights of third parties or posts illegal content through a comment submitted. We need your e-mail address in order to contact you if a third party should complain about your published content as illegal. The legal basis for the storage of your data is article 6 paragraph 1 lit. b and f DSGVO. We reserve the right to delete comments if they are objected to as illegal by third parties.
8) Use of your data for direct advertising
8.1 Registration for our e-mail newsletter
If you register for our e-mail newsletter, we will send you regular information about our offers. Your e-mail address is the only mandatory information for sending the newsletter. The provision of further data is voluntary and is used to address you personally. We use the so-called double opt-in procedure for sending the newsletter. This means that we will only send you an e-mail newsletter if you have expressly confirmed that you agree to receive newsletters. We will then send you a confirmation e-mail asking you to confirm that you wish to receive the newsletter in the future by clicking on a corresponding link.
By activating the confirmation link, you give us your consent for the use of your personal data in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. a DSGVO. When you register for the newsletter, we save your IP address entered by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) as well as the date and time of registration in order to be able to trace possible misuse of your e-mail address at a later date. The data collected by us when registering for the newsletter will be used exclusively for the purpose of advertising in the newsletter. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time using the link provided for this purpose in the newsletter or by sending a message to the person responsible mentioned above. Once you have cancelled your subscription, your e-mail address will be deleted from our newsletter distribution list immediately, unless you have expressly consented to further use of your data or we reserve the right to use your data for other purposes that are permitted by law and about which we inform you in this declaration.
8.2 Sending the e-mail newsletter to existing customers
If you have provided us with your e-mail address when purchasing goods or services, we reserve the right to send you regular offers on similar goods or services from our range of products by e-mail. In accordance with § 7 paragraph 3 UWG we do not need to obtain your separate consent for this. In this respect, data processing is carried out solely on the basis of our justified interest in personalised direct advertising in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f DSGVO. If you have initially objected to the use of your e-mail address for this purpose, we will not send you an e-mail. You are entitled to object to the use of your e-mail address for the above-mentioned advertising purpose at any time with effect for the future by notifying the person responsible named at the beginning of this document. For this you will only incur transmission costs according to the basic rates. After receipt of your objection, the use of your e-mail address for advertising purposes will be immediately discontinued.
8.3 Newsletter dispatch via MailChimp
Our e-mail newsletters are sent via the technical service provider The Rocket Science Group, LLC d/b/a MailChimp, 675 Ponce de Leon Ave NE, Suite 5000, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA (http://www.mailchimp.com/), to whom we pass on the data you provide when you register for the newsletter. This disclosure is made in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f DSGVO and serves our legitimate interest in the use of an effective, secure and user-friendly newsletter system. Please note that your data is usually transferred to a MailChimp server in the USA and stored there.
MailChimp uses this information to send and statistically evaluate the newsletter on our behalf. For evaluation purposes, the e-mails sent contain so-called web beacons or tracking pixels, which are one-pixel image files stored on our website. In this way it can be determined whether a newsletter message was opened and which links were clicked on, if applicable. With the help of the web beacons, Mailchimp automatically generates general, non-personal statistics about the reaction behaviour to newsletter campaigns. Based on our legitimate interest in the statistical evaluation of the newsletter campaigns to optimize the advertising communication and the better orientation towards the interests of the recipients, the web beacons also collect and utilize data of the respective newsletter recipient (e-mail address, time of access, IP address, browser type and operating system) in accordance with article 6 paragraph 1 letter f DSGVO. These data allow an individual conclusion about the newsletter recipient and are processed by Mailchimp for the automated creation of statistics which show whether a certain recipient has opened a newsletter message.
If you want to deactivate the data analysis for statistical evaluation purposes, you have to cancel the newsletter subscription.
Also MailChimp can use this data according to art. 6 para. 1 letter f DSGVO itself because of its own legitimate interest in the needs-based design and optimization of the service as well as for market research purposes, for example to determine from which countries the recipients come. However, MailChimp does not use the data of our newsletter recipients to write to them itself or pass them on to third parties.
To protect your data in the USA, we have concluded a data processing agreement with MailChimp based on the standard contractual clauses of the European Commission to enable the transfer of your personal data to MailChimp. This Data-Processing-Agreement can be viewed at the following Internet address: https://mailchimp.com/legal/forms/data-processing-agreement/
MailChimp is also certified under the us-European Privacy Shield agreement and is committed to comply with the EU data protection regulations.
9) Rights of the data subject
9.1 The applicable data protection law grants you comprehensive data subject rights (rights of information and intervention) vis-à-vis the data controller with regard to the processing of your personal data, about which we inform you below:
- Right of access in accordance with Art. 15 DSGVO: In particular, you have a right of access to your personal data processed by us, the processing purposes, the categories of personal data processed, the recipients or categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period or the criteria for determining the storage period, the existence of a right of rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, opposition to processing, complaint to a supervisory authority, the origin of your data if it has not been collected from you by us, the existence of automated decision making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information on the logic involved and the scope and intended effects of such processing on you, as well as your right to be informed of the guarantees provided under Art. 46 DPA when your data is transferred to third countries;
- Right of rectification under Art. 16 DPA: You have the right to have incorrect data relating to you corrected without delay and/or to have your incomplete data stored by us completed;
- Right of deletion in accordance with Art. 17 DSGVO: You have the right to request the deletion of your personal data if the conditions of Art. 17 para. 1 DSGVO are met. However, this right does not apply in particular if the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- Right to limit processing pursuant to Art. 18 DPA: You have the right to request the limitation of the processing of your personal data for as long as the accuracy of your data which you dispute is verified, if you refuse to delete your data on the grounds of unlawful processing and instead request the limitation of the processing of your data, if you require your data for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims, after we no longer require such data after the purpose has been achieved, or if you have lodged an objection on grounds of your particular situation, as long as it has not yet been established that our legitimate reasons outweigh the objection;
- Right to information in accordance with Art. 19 DSGVO: If you have asserted the right to rectification, erasure or restriction of processing vis-à-vis the controller, the controller is obliged to notify all recipients to whom the personal data concerning you have been disclosed of this rectification, erasure or restriction of processing, unless this proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort. You have the right to be informed of these recipients.
- Right to data transferability in accordance with Art. 20 DSGVO: You have the right to receive your personal data that you have provided us with in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request that it be transferred to another person responsible, insofar as this is technically feasible;
- Right to revoke consents granted pursuant to Art. 7 para. 3 DSGVO: You have the right to revoke at any time with effect for the future any consent to the processing of data once granted. In the event of revocation, we will immediately delete the data concerned, unless further processing cannot be based on a legal basis for processing without consent. The revocation of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until revocation;
- right of appeal under Art. 77 DSGVO: If you believe that the processing of personal data relating to you is in breach of the DPA, you have the right – without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy – to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State in which you are resident, your place of work or the place where the alleged breach occurs.
9.2 RIGHT OF OBJECTION
IF WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA ON THE BASIS OF OUR PREDOMINANT LEGITIMATE INTEREST IN THE CONTEXT OF A WEIGHING UP OF INTERESTS, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT AT ANY TIME TO OBJECT TO THIS PROCESSING WITH EFFECT FOR THE FUTURE FOR REASONS ARISING FROM YOUR SPECIAL SITUATION.
IF YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT, WE WILL STOP PROCESSING THE DATA CONCERNED. HOWEVER, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO FURTHER PROCESSING IF WE CAN PROVE THAT THERE ARE COMPELLING REASONS FOR PROCESSING WORTHY OF PROTECTION WHICH OUTWEIGH YOUR INTERESTS, FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS, OR IF THE PROCESSING SERVES TO ASSERT, EXERCISE OR DEFEND LEGAL CLAIMS.
IF YOUR PERSONAL DATA ARE PROCESSED BY US FOR THE PURPOSE OF DIRECT MARKETING, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO OBJECT AT ANY TIME TO THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA CONCERNING YOU FOR THE PURPOSE OF SUCH MARKETING. YOU CAN EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT AS DESCRIBED ABOVE.
IF YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT, WE WILL STOP PROCESSING THE DATA CONCERNED FOR DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES.
10) Duration of storage of personal data
The duration of the storage of personal data is determined by the respective legal basis, the purpose of processing and – if relevant – additionally by the respective legal retention period (e.g. retention periods under commercial and tax law).
When personal data are processed on the basis of express consent pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 letter a DSGVO, these data are stored until the person concerned revokes his or her consent.
If there are legal retention periods for data which are processed within the framework of legal or similar obligations based on Art. 6 Para. 1 letter b DSGVO, these data are routinely deleted after the retention periods have expired, provided that they are no longer required for the fulfilment or initiation of a contract and/or we have no justified interest in their further storage.
When personal data are processed on the basis of Art. 6 Para. 1 letter f DSGVO, these data are stored until the person concerned exercises his or her right to object in accordance with Art. 21 Para. 1 DSGVO, unless we can prove compelling reasons for processing worthy of protection which outweigh the interests, rights and freedoms of the person concerned, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
When personal data are processed for the purpose of direct advertising on the basis of Art. 6 Para. 1 letter f DSGVO, these data are stored until the data subject exercises his or her right of objection under Art. 21 Para. 2 DSGVO.
Unless otherwise stated in the other information in this declaration on specific processing situations, stored personal data will be deleted if they are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed.